ANAT together with the Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts 2006 presents [MEDIA STATE] - a program of intertwined media arts events, projects and forums.
[MEDIA STATE] investigates how media and emerging technologies influence how we relate to our environment, to the everyday spaces around us and to each other. The program explores the spaces created by technology and how media art can be used as a tool for social and creative interactions.
[MEDIA STATE] examines the increasing role of media arts in the public realm, exploring how arts and culture have become increasingly accessible via new and emerging technologies.
Festival projects supported by [MEDIA STATE] are:
- The Peoples' Portrait by artist ZHANG GA lights up Adelaide and other cities around the world with reciprocal large-scale portrait projections intertwining local and global audiences.
- CARSTEN NICOLAI'S alva noto presents a compelling audiovisual performance of sound compositions morphed into electronic projections.
- Project 3 delivers a rich program of electronic and computer music and film by local, national and international artists in City locations.
- Emerging Fields Forum provides a platform for four internationally renowned media artists to discuss their practice.
- ARI workshops are two dynamic events, skilling up participants in the practical applications of setting up and managing Artist Run Initiatives.